Creating PDF documents with your personal and business files is indeed a good option in these times that the demand of having portable and easy to access files is high. Indeed, there are many advantages of having your files converted to PDF, and one of this is its portability.
Although your keeping your files in word documents has its own advantages as well, there are also several reasons why you can get more advantage of converting them to PDF. Here are other reasons why it is good to convert word documents to PDF.
1. It allows easy access. If you convert word documents to PDF, you can access your files in PCs and other gadgets. PDF means portable document format, and indeed, the main convenience of having your files in PDF is that, it can be accessed anywhere – from your PDA to your mobile phone as well as your PC.
2. PDF allows easy viewing. One good thing about PDF documents is that, it allows you to view these files in different platforms – whether you have Windows, Linux or Mac running on your PC, thus you don’t have to worry about not being able to view them if you have a different platform. You don’t have to purchase that is needed to open PDF files as well. You can find them online for free.
3. Printing PDF documents gives you a high-quality printing output especially if it involves images. If you intend to print your documents and you want to produce high-quality and high resolution print jobs with your images, then it may be good for you to convert word documents to PDF before printing them. Page layout is also more precise with PDF files. You can also send your PDF files directly to the professional printers, as they are readily accepted than word files.
4. PDF files cannot be easily altered. Especially if you intend to put them online on your website for reading purposes, having it in portable document format makes it more secure because it cannot be altered. It is also a very good format for eBooks as you can put table of contents with hyperlinks within the document for easy navigation through the pages of your documents. Like web pages, you can still search items on your PDF document online.
5. Great for archiving. Files in portable document format are also ideal for archiving as these files can be very compact when compressed, thus storing it may not be bulky on your computer or your gadget. Because it is also searchable, it can also be easy to find and organize.
6. It allows easy sharing. Unlike word documents that may appear different on other PCs because of some settings and fonts installed, files in PDF format remains as is – wherever you open it. Fonts and layout remain intact even if you have a different version of software in your computer.
There are indeed many advantages if you convert word documents to PDF, but of course, it depends on the file you are using and the purposes of your files.